If I had known that slime was such an easy thing to make, I would have started years ago. I never knew how easy slime was to make until I tried it! Pick up the ingredients at the grocery store and learn how to make homemade slime right away with this proven recipe!
This slime recipe only uses three ingredients and they are safe for the kids to play with. I have seen horror stories online about children burning their hands trying to make slime using borax. It’s a chemical I would never allow around my children.
How To Make Saline Solution Slime – No Borax
Here Are The Only 3 Ingredients You Need:
- 2 (4-ounce) bottles washable school glue, such as Elmer’s
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 to 3 tablespoons saline solution (i.e., contact lens solution), divided
- 1 to 2 drops liquid food coloring (optional)
- 1/4 cup glitter, use glitter glue if you can find it (optional)
- bowl, mixing spoon, measuring spoons
Buy travel-sized contact solution if you don’t have a contact lens wearer at home. The 2oz travel-sized bottle is enough for one batch of slime and will fit in most slime kits.
Directions – How To Make Saline Solution Slime
- Pour the glue into a medium bowl. Stir in the food coloring and glitter, if desired.
- Add the baking soda to the glue mixture and stir until smooth.
- Pour in 2 tablespoons of the contact lens solution and stir slowly. The mixture should begin to harden, becoming stringy.
- Continue mixing slowly until a ball of slime forms.
- Pick up the slime and work between your two hands, until smooth. If the slime is particularly slimy, work in another 1/2 tablespoon of contact lens solution as needed.
Enjoy and have fun!
Thanks for reading, please share to help others.